Very impressed by how well it works!!!
See the DRBD install guide for my setup.
So the Pool Master has failed and is unrecoverable – all your VM’s are down – how to get them backup and running.
SSH onto a pool member (This will act as your new Pool Master)
– Convert your Member to a Master
$ xe pool-emergency-transition-to-master
– Recover connections to other member servers. (If Any)
$ xe pool-recover-slaves
– Verify the pool management has been restored
$ xe host-list
– Show the list of Pool members
$ xe host-list params=uuid,name-label,host-metrics-live
– Show the VM’s from the Failed Server – You will see their state as “Running”
$ xe vm-list is-control-domain=false resident-on=UUID_of_failed_server
– Reset the powerstate for all VM’s
$ xe vm-reset-powerstate resident-on=UUID_of_failed_server –force –multiple
Now all VM’s will be visable on XenCenter – Login to the Member server IP (The new Master) and Start your VM’s
When you recover the old Master simply boot it up and recover the DRBD replication
restart DRBDon both servers
$ /etc/init.d/drbd restart
$ drbdadm — –overwrite-data-of-peer primary drbd-sr1 (On the New Master server)
$ drbdadm primary drbd-sr1 (On the Old Master)
Let me know how it works for you.