I recently deployed 50x wyse P25’s zero clients as part of a VDI install. To centrally manage the clients I installed the Wyse device manager thinking it would easily allow me to update firmware and deploy a default config.
Although It does seem to support this it was very convoluted with ThreadX package creation and manual config files.
A quick search led me to the Teradici PCoIP Management Console, its a simple preconfigured linux VM, add it to inventory of your environment, give it an IP and password. Connect to the IP using https:// and your ready.
- Monitor, configure and update all PCoIP devices from anywhere
- Graphically view the status and connection information
- Remotely access and update the configuration settings
- Auto configure devices when discovered on the network
- Manage devices individually or by group (i.e. location, department, function)
- Schedule firmware updates, profile application and power status
- Assign static connections between PCoIP hardware host and client devices
- Apply configuration data to individual devices or groups of devices
- Deployment of bulk firmware updates
- Support for multiple device discovery mechanisms
- View and manage device logs
- Power management of devices
It is an excellent piece of software and in my deployment worked flawlessly.
The process to deploy a default config and Update the firmware.
Login -> Devices Tab
Setup your device discovery (Scan the IP ranges of your devices)
Add the devices to a group
Add New profile and configure all the options.
Import Firmware – You can download the latest firmware from http://techsupport.teradici.com/ (Create a free account first)
Click Edit and select the Profile from the dropdown menu
Click apply profile
That’s it, all the clients will download & apply the new firmware and config.