Importing Posts from CSV file into WordPress
Problem: I have a big excel spreadsheet with posts and extra fields and I want to import it into WordPress.
I haven’t found a plugin to do this so I decided to make my own. It’s not complete, and it’s not quite a ‘plugin’ but it works. Here’s how to do it:
- Download CSV_Import class from me. csv2 post.
- Unzip and up load the file called csv.php to /wp-admin/import/
- Prepare your csv file, here is a sample file. It’s really a pipe delimited file. It MUST follow this format or it will not work. Make sure you include the header row.
- In admin panel , go to Manage, Import, choose CSV
- The rest is pretty self explanitory, upload file, pick a user, and voilá